Vacation Rental Description
Fir Trees apartment is situated within a lovely fifteen minute stroll into Salisbury's Cathedral Close and onto the city centre and all the main attractions. Harnham is a select area of Salisbury providing historical walks over Old Harnham Bridge to Salisbury's Cathedral Close and another walk via the town path through the water meadows where Constable painted his famous picture of Salisbury Cathedral An ideal holiday apartment for artists, walkers, golfers, racing enthusiasts and historians with Stonehenge, Wilton House and the New Forest on it's doorstep.
Ideal for Cathedral Festivals, International Arts Festival, Race Meetings, Golf, weekend breaks, business stays & very reasonable rates for longer letts . Home from home, everything you need is provided so you can feel as though you are in your own home.
Wiltshire has a wonderful changing natural landscape and is a perfect base for touring the South West of England.
• to the North lies the Salisbury Plain with the World heritage site of Stonehenge
• to the West lies the Georgian city of Bath
• to the South are the rolling hills and sandy beaches of Poole and Bournemouth
• to the East the New Forest National Park with the quaint village of Beaulieu and the National Motor Museum.
• in each direction lies one of Salisbury's five rivers providing a haven for wildlife, fishing and peaceful strolls
along the river banks.
Fly into Bournemouth, Southampton, Bristol or London airports. Many budget airlines fly into Bournemouth airport, Thomson, Ryanair, Air Berlin and Easy Jet and Southampton has flights available with the budget airline Flybe.
• To access flights use www.skyscanner.com.
• If you fly into Bournemouth or Southampton my husband or I can meet you for a small extra fee and take you to the apartment. These airports are about 40minutes by car. If you prefer you can also either hire a car or go by train or bus to Salisbury railway or bus stations. We could also meet you at either of these stations.
• If you fly into London airport there are trains into the centre of the city and then coaches and trains from London Victoria Coach Station and Waterloo Railway Station .
• Please let us know how we can help you with your journey.
An information folder is provided with details about every aspect of the apartment from how to use the cooker to when rubbish is collected. Included in this are details about local transport, places to visit and what's on in Salisbury. All the information you need at your finger tips so you can enjoy your holiday immediately.
Coffee, tea milk and sugar are provided so you can settle in with a welcome drink after your long journey.
'Lovely flat, comfortable, quiet and enjoyable stay - 5star accommodation' C&T, Essex
' Lovely apartment, beautiful city. Just the R&R we needed in between house moves' A.&K. Berkshire
'Gorgeous flat, best nights sleep had in a long time! Will recommend to everyone, beautiful stay' W&S Wiltshire
'This apartment has it all! Stylishly and efficiently decorated, felt like home! Water Meadows, Manor Houses, the New Forest, Isle of Wight at a glance, too much to see and do in just five days, we need to come back! S&E - NL
'Wonderful apartment in a gorgeous city. Very clean and everything one needs is supplied. We have greatly enjoyed your kindness and hospitality. We hope to be back! M&I - Netherlands
'Fab. Great situation, everything we needed and very reasonable. We'll recommend. - J&P& family -Mallorca
- Horse Riding
- Night Clubs
• Salisbury and South Wiltshire Golf Club, Harnham, 5 minutes drive.
• Hamptworth Golf Club
• Grovely Riding Centre
• Five Rivers leisure centre with indoor swimming pool and sports centre
• Fishing at Avon Springs Fishing Lakes
• Fly fishing Stockbridge
• Walking in the parks around Salisbury, Avon Valley Path and many more footpaths on uncrowded country lanes
• Cycling on The Golden Way, a circular ride through part of the Avon Valley or along the Wiltshire Cycleway
. Salisbury race course, 5 minutes drive.
Exploring from Salisbury:
• Wilton House, stately home of the Earl of Pembroke
• Longleat safari park
• Winchester - home of King Arthur
• New Forest
• Stourhead Gardens
• Exbury Gardens
• National Motor Museum Beaulieu
. Paulton's Park