Vacation Rental Description
With Two Beautiful Large Rooms that are perfect for Seminars, Exercise Classes or Meditation Retreats
Discover the best kept secret for holidays in Europe. A perfect place to get away from the rush and crowds and experience the tranquility and beauty of Sweden's lake-filled landscape. Summers here are really warm and in winter there is proper snow and winter sports.
This is a lovely traditional Swedish Manor House in the rural village of Uddeholm, next to a riding stables with a river close by. The property is set in a large private garden surrounded by meadows with horses, about two kilometers from Uddeholm village. With internet and satellite TV on hand, you can stay connected yet enjoy fresh air, clean water and the restorative effect of natural beauty.
In summer, a short stroll down the road brings you to the local Museum and Art Gallery where you can drop in for a cup of coffee at the museum café.
All around are pine forests, meadows and hills for walking and rivers and lakes for swimming, fishing or boating. The local town for shopping (Hagfors) is 5 kilometers away and Karlstad City is an hour's drive away. There you will find everything you would expect from a thriving urban centre. On week days, there are two daily flights to and from Stockholm Arlanda direct to Hagfors.
Local attractions include an 18-hole golf course, a scenic bike route alongside the Klarälven River, a wildife park, two restaurants and the all-year-round Ski Tunnel at Torsby. Click on the tabs to find out more.
Prices from 4000 - 10,000 Swedish Kronor per week, depending on numbers of people and time of year. Minimum stay 2 nights.
Prices always include heating, bedlinen and bedding, towels, electricity, satellite TV and Wireless broadband
Full or Half Board can also be arranged by request.
We are happy to answer any queries and help with arrangements.
- Cable Satellite
- Cooking Utensils
- Open Fire
- Amenity Parking
Reception Hall, Large Dining Room, Spacious Living/Seminar Room, Large Upstairs Living/Meeting Room with Balcony, 4 Double rooms (2 with double beds), 3 triple bed rooms, 2 extra beds available on request, 2 Fully equipped Kitchens, 3 Shower-rooms one with bath, 2 Separate toilets, Broadband Internet, Bedding, Towels, Extensive Private Garden, Barbecue.
- Adventure Sports
- Horse Riding
- Mountain Biking
- Snow Boarding
- Theme park
- Water Sports
• Hire kayaks or canoes from KlarälvenKajak to navigate the beautiful Klarälven river. Hire mountain bikes and more, outdoor clothing shop, close to historic Ekshärad. Outdoor activities such as Nordic Walking.
• Moose Park 15 kilometres.
• Husky farm at Sunnemo. Husky excursions, summer walking trips and winter sled rides.
• Lewa Vildmarken, close to Hagfors, wildlife safaris for deer, moose, beavers, lynx and wolves. Other outdoor activities including river rafting.
• Lakenetorp riding school on Lake Lakene. Group or individual horse riding and round trips by horse carriage or sled both summer and winter.
• Bike trolley rides along the old railtrack from Stjärnsfors Ironworks Museum to Hagfors. A fun experience for young and old. Hire just down the road or from the local information office.
- Nearest Airport : Hagfors at 5 kilometers distance;
- Nearest Train Station : Karlstad at 90 kilometers distance
- Nearest Town : Hagfors at 5 kilometers distance
- Travel Info: Hagfors has its own tiny airport and a regular little plane that flies (2 flights a day) to and from Stockholm - 45 minutes - on weekdays. Taxis can be ordered to meet visitors at the airport, which is 5 minutes from our house. Stockholm airport is a hub and serves the whole of Europe and elsewhere. Karlstad airport serves the wider world via Copenhagen and also has regular flights to Stockholm. Karlstad Central Station has hi-speed trains to and from Oslo in Norway as well as Gothenburg and Stockholm with local trains to the rest of Sweden. Ryanair flies to Stockholm, Gothenburg and Oslo from the UK, from whence you can hire a car (see the Ryanair site for special deals) or take a train to Karlstad and hire a car there. See our website for links to all of these.