Vacation Rental Description
Le Marche is a beautiful region of Italy and sits on the Adriatic coast roughly parallel to Rome. This is the REAL ITALY, unspoilt my mass international tourism and is one of Italys best kept secrets - this is where Italians come to holiday!
Your apartment, La Torre Sopra, is set in the historic centre of Montalto delle Marche which lies at a strategic point between the Adriatic coast and the Sibillini National Park both of which are about a 25 minute drive from Montalto.
La Torre Sopra is set over the top two floors of this stunning 500 year old townhouse with an attached tower being a mere 700 years old. It is a large apartment covering 100sqm and sleeps up to six guests comfortably.
The accommodation comprises:
* Large private terrace with spectacular views - perfect for dining al fresco
* A romantic double bedroom
* A twin bedroom set in the oldest part of the property - the 700 year old tower
* A lounge with double sofa bed, flat panel television with satellite TV, DVD player and CD player
* Fully equipped kitchen with washing machine, diswasher, Smeg oven and hob, large fridge freezer.
* Sun lounge with sofas and dining table with chairs
* Wet Room
The town has a population of about 2400 so is well catered for with a good selection of shops, butcher, post office, greengrocer, fishmonger, bank, tobacconist, restarurants, cafe bars and many churches and museums.
- Cable Satellite
- Cleaning Service
- Cooking Utensils
- Linen Service
- Private Pool
We offer free WIFI broadband Internet access using either your own equipment or the supplied computer at 7Mbit.
There is parking less than a minute from the townhouse in the old town square and further parking just outside the old town wall a couple of minutes away away. All parking in town is free.
- Horse Riding
- Mountain Biking
During the summer months there is the open air opera festival in Macerata - a fantastic night out.
Le Marche boasts the largest limestone caves in Europe at Frasassi - with guided tours throughout the year.
There are many sagre (food festivals) that take place throughout the region from Spring to late Autumn.