Vacation Rental Description
Situated with splendid views on a hillside by a stream on the outskirts of Samoëns, this traditional Savoyard luxury chalet is owned and operated by Caroline Morgan, a qualified chef and an experienced chalet operator. You can be sure of a warm welcome, good food and comfortable accommodation to help you enjoy a fantastic holiday - summer or winter. A fully catered service is offered during the winter season; bed and breakfast with dinner on request during the rest of the year. A weekly self-catered option is available outside the winter season.
The chalet can sleep 14 in 7 ensuite bedrooms, has a games room and sauna, a balcony for relaxation and, in the summer, a swimming pool in the garden. The warm, comfy and spacious sitting/dining room has an impressive log burning fire, and there is a separate TV/reading room. In summer, you can eat out on the balcony and watch the sun go down while enjoying a relaxing drink, or take a dip in the swimming pool in the garden.
The separate smaller sitting room is well used for TV, DVD/video, reading and board games, and permits adults or children to have their own space.
The ground floor games room can also be used as a work area for courses or presentations.
The chalet lies 800m from both lifts to Samoëns 1600 and the free ski bus stop is only 50m away. From Samöens 1600 you have access to the 260kms of pistes in the Grand Massif, and for 2009/10 the new Chariande Express chairlift to Tete de Saix will greatly improve transit time to the rest of the area. The ski school and ski hire shop are at the top of the lift, and a discount is obtainable by guests for ski hire.
* Samoëns is a very attractive, unspoiled village, and is the only ski resort in France listed as a 'Monument Historique'. It has a variety of bars and restaurants and a local market on Wednesdays. As a rest from strenuous activity you might like to visit a museum, a cheese-making factory or the Alpine Botanic Gardens. There are massage and fitness centres and in the winter there is a nursery for children aged between 3 months and 6 years. (Advance booking is essential).
* The village plays host to a good number of events during the year, mostly sponsored by the Tourist office.
La Jaysinia, in the village centre, is an interesting and popular Alpine Botanic Garden, linked with the National Museum of Natural History, Paris.
* Interesting tours of the village and district are led by well informed guides
* Santa Claus visits the village on Christmas Eve and you can dance in Samoëns at Hogmanay.
* In February there is a weekly 'Savoyard Day' with traditional games, a giant tartiflette and a dance. On Easter Monday you can hunt for eggs hidden in the village
* The area has some magnificent scenery - Sixt Fer à Cheval, a few kms east, has a wonderful horse-shoe panorama of the surrounding mountains and an inmpressive waterfall (Cascade du Rouget) - and beautiful Annecy is only an hour's drive away.
* The area offers a wealth of activities all year round (see below).
- Cable Satellite
- Cleaning Service
- Cooking Utensils
- Linen Service
- Open Fire
- Amenity Parking
- Private Pool
In the winter I operate a ski formula which includes bed, sumptuous breakfast, afternoon tea and on 6 nights (to allow the chef a night off, and let you sample one of the excellent Samoëns restaurants), a four course dinner with wine, preceded by an aperitif and canapés, and followed by a digestif & coffee.
Outwith the ski season, I offer bed & breakfast, with dinner by request the previous evening. I can also supply packed lunches with the same notice.
Young children can have an early supper, and I cater for special diets as required, (with prior notice)
Outside the winter ski season, the chalet can also be rented on a weekly self-catered basis, although many people find that with the cost of eating out, and the time, trouble and cost of purchasing and preparing food, they prefer the catered option!
- Adventure Sports
- Horse Riding
- Hunting/Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Snow Boarding
- Theme park
- Water Skiing
- Water Sports
* Walking and rambling. The Samoëns area is well known for Alpine walking and rambling holidays. There are several 'refuges' in the mountains for those people who take their walking seriously
* Mountain biking and cycling. The emerging popular summer version of skiing! – Take your bike up a lift, and freewheel down! If this seems too adventurous, there are plenty of attractive routes through the countryside to enjoy. Cycle hire can be arranged
* Parapente - enjoy a bird's eye view of the area, and the thrill of the experience
* Caving, Climbing, Via Ferrata & Canyoning
* Wind-surfing, jetski, white water rafting and canoeing
* Trout fishing in Samoëns, Joux Plane or Lac de Gers
* Many of the activities are available for children, including an 'Indiana Jones' Adventure Park in Samoëns where you can join in or watch your children swing through the trees
- Nearest Airport : Geneva, Switzerland at 55 kilometers distance;
- Nearest Train Station : Cluses at 19 kilometers distance