Vacation Rental Description
La Maison Seronera is a large and beautifully renovated French farmhouse, which includes all modern facilities, yet still retains the character features. Set in its own grounds with a huge garden with nectarine, apricot and cherry trees, and bordered by oaks and ash trees, providing the ultimate natural boundary for privacy.
The spacious property includes the following features;
· Large comfortable lounge and dining area with exposed Charente stone walls, huge oak beams, wood/tiled floor, double doors leading to spacious private patio and wood burner for cosy winter evenings. The extendable 10 seater dining table is perfect for those wishing to show off their gastronomic talents.
· Spacious and well equipped dining kitchen (oven, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, fridge freezer) with oak beamed ceiling, wood burner and door leading to patio. There is also a TV for playing videos with a selection of films.
· 2 tastefully decorated double bedrooms.
· 2 bedrooms with twin single beds (which can be pushed together as required) and one with three single beds. Two of the rooms feature the huge original oak roofing beams and exposed Charente stone walls.
· 2 bathrooms, one with bath.
· 2 further toilets, one downstairs.
· Private, alarmed 10m x 5m pool in a large garden.
- Cable Satellite
- Cooking Utensils
- Open Fire
- Amenity Parking
- Private Pool
Wifi internet access available
- Horse Riding
- Mountain Biking
- Night Clubs
- Water Sports
Surrounded by gently rolling hills, maize and sunflower fields the quiet hamlet of La Tourterie makes an ideal base for walking, mountain biking, go-karting, horse riding, wine tasting, golfing, canoeing, fishing, bird watching, sight seeing or simply relaxing in the sun by the pool with a good book and a glass of wine.
Our tiny hamlet 15 minutes walk from the village of Montemboeuf which has local facilities. Only 15 minutes drive is La Rochfoucauld with its imposing chateau and full range of shops, supermarkets, bars and restaurants. The nearby large leisure lake at Lavaud provides scenic picnic sites, sandy beaches, swimming, sailing and other nautical and outdoor activities and a fantastic adventure park for the children. There are Mountain Bike trails around the lakes and surrounding countryside. For keen golfers there is a excellent 18 hole course 10km away at Rouzede plus other courses nearby.
- Nearest Airport : Limoges at 40 kilometers distance;
- Nearest Train Station : Angouleme at 30 kilometers distance
- Nearest Town : La Rochefoucauld at 15 kilometers distance
- Travel Info: Flights:
There are Ryanair flights to Limoges from Stanstead, Liverpool, East Midlands Leeds and Southampton. Limoges airport is approximately 45 minutes drive away.
Angouleme Airport is only 30 mins away and are negotiating flights at present.
BMI Baby fly from Manchester and East Midlands to Bordeaux. Bordeaux Airport is about 1,3/4 hours drive away. Various other major airlines also fly to Bordeaux.
Poitiers Airport is about 1,1/2 hours away and Bergerac is a 2 hour drive.
Car Hire is available at Angouleme, Limoges and all other airports.
St Malo is about 5-6 hours drive on the toll motorways. Calais is an 8 hour drive.
There is a TGV station in Angouleme which is about 40 mins drive away. The train takes 21/2 hours from Paris.