Vacation Rental Description
Bonne La Vie is a 150 year-old 'maison de village' set near a river among fields of sunflowers and maize, against a backdrop of the majestic Pyrenees, is sure to work its charm on all guests. We offer:
* Accommodation, with evening meals if requested
* A selection of Day Trips to various destinations in the area, open to all
* Residential Painting courses
* Residential Sculpting courses
* Golf packages
* NEW: Gourmet breaks, including cookery course with BBC MasterChef and author Sarah Beattie.
Chambres d’hôtes (Bed and Breakfast) and Table d’hôtes:
Our guests tell us Bonne La Vie is very good value, especially both the "B's": the beds (v.comfortable!) and the breakfasts (lovely fresh bread, croissant, pain au chocolat, homemade jam, a choice of cereals, yoghurt, fresh fruit, juice, tea, cafe and cafe creme).
Evening meals are also available on request (24 hrs notice)and usually follow a recipe based on French country cooking. We usually eat outside during the summer although the dining room is also available.
* A Pink Room – a spacious double bedroom decorated in traditional French style
* A Blue Room – a spacious double bedroom decorated in traditional French style.
* Modern shower-room and toilets.
There are also a suite.
* The Bearnaise suite – a suite of rooms comprising of lounge and a master bedroom (en suite) both with modern French / South Asian style décor. These rooms overlook our garden (available from summer 2010).
- Open Fire
- Amenity Parking
Laundry service is available at an extra charge.
There is off-street parking available.
- Horse Riding
- Hunting/Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Snow Boarding
- Water Skiing
We make cycles available for our guests. The childrens' playground is in the village.
There is a swimming lake, with water activities, about 20 minutes away from Bonne La Vie.
The vineyards of the appellation wines of Saint Mont and Madiran are half an hour north, Jurancon lies about an hour west.
There is a large range of activities available in the Pyrenees, everything from hiking, rock climbing, canyoning, rafting, paragliding. In winter there is skiing and snowboarding, the Pyrenees' largest ski station is about 1 hour 15 minutes away from us.
The Atlantic is the closest seafront beach, you can be in Biarritz in just 2 hours. This is a paradise for windsurfers.
Tarbes is the closest town with shopping, cinema, cafes and bars. It's a half hour drive.
Although there is a bus from the next village to Tarbes, we would recommend to all guests that they hire a car.