Sign up to our newsletter for a
chance to WIN $1000 spending money
on your next vacation


Name:
Email Address:


Home   »  Europe   »  France   »  Brittany   »  Finistere   »  Reference #15643
rental property
4 Bedroom Other in Finistere
Les Pommiers, Moelan sur Mer
This Property is No Longer Active.
Rate (British Pounds): £ 395 - £ 995 per Week
Bedrooms: 4
Bathrooms: 3
Sleeps: 8-10

Modernised 19th century Breton farmhouse
Vacation Rental Description
The farmhouse, built in 1896, has been sympathetically modernised to create a comfortable holiday home with excellent facilities. 
 
On the ground floor it boasts a completely refitted kitchen with all modern appliances including ceramic hob, oven, microwave oven, fridge and dishwasher. A separate laundry room off the kitchen has a large fridge, a freezer, automatic washing machine and a utility sink. A high chair is available. The lounge, large enough to accommodate 10+ people comfortably, is decorated in a typical Breton style and has the benefit of an inglenook fireplace with a wood burning stove. Modern touches include free wireless broadband access, and a hi-fi that can accept the output of any iPod type device. Large collection of books and CDs.  
 
On the first floor the master bedroom has a standard size double bed and matching Breton furniture, a single folding bed and travel. The en-suite bathroom has a toilet, bidet, basin and glass shower cubicle. The remaining bedrooms consist of two doubles and one twin. All windows have security bars (see photos). 
 
 
 
 
 

Facilities
  • Cooking Utensils
  • Dishwasher
  • Heating
  • Kitchen
  • Microwave
  • Open Fire
  • Amenity Parking
  • Refrigerator
  • Sterio
  • Washer

Outside the property benefits from an extensive grassed play area and its own boules pitch. Badminton equipment, a barbeque and sun loungers are available. A single story barn has been converted into a games room with table tennis and skittles. Free broadband access (access code provided with booking). Heating (other than water heating) and wood for the fire are not provided for May-September. An additional is made for heating and wood in the remaining months. Parking for at least 4 cars.

Activities
  • Beach
  • Biking
  • Cinema
  • Restaurant
  • Sailing
  • Shopping
  • Tennis

The property is about a mile from the sea, and the nearest beach is 3 miles away. About 20 minutes away by car is the attractive town of Pont Aven, once home to Gauguin and the School of Pont Aven, and further afield are the ancient Breton city of Quimper, the old port of Concarneau and the resort of Benodet.  
 
Lovers of seafood will find several good restaurants within a few miles, and visitors to this part of Brittany should not neglect the many crêperies in the vicinity. Cyclists will appreciate the many smooth, almost traffic-free, roads. The Brittany coastal path (GR34) runs nearby. 
 
A large branch of the Intermarche supermarket chain is about a mile away in Moelan, as are a number of other shops including no less than three boulangeries. 
 
An attractive market is held in Moelan in and around the church square every Tuesday, and seafood can be bought as soon as it is landed on the key at nearby Belon.

Rental Rates
Price Table
 
Season Rate
3 January 2009 4 April 2009 £395
4 April 2009 18 April 2009 £595
18 April 2009 23 May 2009 £395
23 May 2009 4 July 2009 £595
4 July 2009 29 August 2009 £995
29 August 24 October 2009 £395
24 October 2009 31 October 2009 £595
31 October 2009 20 December 2009 £395
20 December 2009 3 January 2010 £595
  Low Season Price: £395 per Week
  High Season Price: £995 per Week
     

25% of rental is required on booking, together with a refundable breakages deposit of £150. The remaining 75% is required 6 weeks before the start of the let.
Payment in sterling or euro equivalent by cheque or bank transfer.
Cancellation: full refund if more than 12 weeks before start. 20% charge if between 8 and 12 weeks and property not relet. 100% charge if less than 8 weeks and property not relet.
Extra charge for heating October - April.

Calendar

Legend:
30
Booked
30
Available
30
Unavailable
30
Current Date
More Related Properties
previous
next
Argenton
Maison GOA - PORTSALL
Beds 3, Bath 1, Sleeps 2 - 6
From €450 P/W
Finistere
Kergonian Pont-L-Abbe
Beds 8, Bath 5, Sleeps 6 - 16
From £780 P/W
Quimper
COMFORTABLE FAMILY HOME
Beds 4, Bath 2, Sleeps 4 - 11
From £350 P/W
Chateauneuf du Faou
Ty Gwenn, Chateauneuf du Faou
Beds 4, Bath 2, Sleeps 9 - 11
From £300 P/W
Concarneau
Newly renovated character cottage
Beds 2, Bath 1, Sleeps 4 - 4
From €429 P/W

Holiday Destinations - Choose your dream destination and let us guide your experience into finding the best deal for your holiday