Vacation Rental Description
These mid-18th century buildings in the most attractive luminous whitish-grey stone located on the top of delightful rolling hills some 6km north of Duras in the Lot & Garonne, being around 80km east of Bordeaux airport and 30 minutes drive from Bergerac. The views in all direction are superb, surrounded by hundreds of acres of grape vines, fields of sunflowers and plum orchards. Until recently, the estate had produced its own excellent wine, notably Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Tachau is a minute scattered tranquil hamlet close to the pretty village of Lubersac; both are really too insignificant to appear on maps!
Original oil paintings are on the walls, adding to a feeling of a quality, comfortable holiday destination.
• The stone gites are ideal for children and we welcome young families. The gite is also convenient for elderly people as the master bedroom is downstairs.
• The main bedroom at Le Chai and its shower room are on the ground floor which is accessed by a wheelchair friendly ramp from the garden path. This property is ideal for a party containing 2 disabled people.
• The small private garden is set within much larger well tended grounds of Le Manoir de Tachau. Garden furniture and barbecue are provided for guests. The 12 x 6m modern swimming pool is 50 yards away from Le Chai; it is fully fenced with the latest pool alarm system. It has underwater lighting. In the extensive grounds there is volleyball, football goal, cricket and a croquet lawn, together with large scale 'mega draughts' game area.
• Bergerac (30 mins drive) and served from the following UK airports: Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Exeter, Leeds-Bradford, Liverpool, Nottingham (East Midlands), Southampton and Stansted. Bordeaux (65 mins) is served from Gatwick. St Malo (5 1/2 hours). It is necessary to have a car but we have an excellent local taxi service.
• NOTES ON PRICES: Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds. For winter lets we have 2 suitable stone houses, Le Galice and Les Vignobles and are located at La Ferme du Manoir. At our other Home Farm, La Ferme de Tachau, there is a lovely 4 bedroom farmhouse that is also available for a minimum of 6 months. Special house hunting weeks are organised in June and September. Prices are negotiable.
- Linen Service
- Amenity Parking
- Shared Pool
Hob/Stove, Oven, Iron/Board, Cot, Barbecue, Comfortable lounge furniture overlooking private garden with large dining area
- Horse Riding
Duras has several bars, restaurants, banks, supermarket and many other shops. St Sernin itself has a bar/ restaurant alongside a pleasure lake. There is horseriding at Villeneuve, which is 10 minutes away. In the Duras area there are 44 vineyards of which half are normally open for wine tasting! We have a local cycle hire shop, which is popular with out guests. Hypermarkets can be found in both Ste Foy and Marmande.
Duras has a bustling country market on a Monday morning and Issegeac has its market on a Sunday whereas Ste Foy's market is on Saturday.Eymet has two markets, one on Thursday morning and in summer months on a Tuesday evening.
Superb carp fishing lake on the estate.
One week painting courses on 16th June and 1st September 2012
- Travel Info: Le Manoir de Tachau can be reached in 30 mins from Bergerac Airport, which is served from 11 UK airports (see our own website for details). Bordeaux Airport is 1.5 hours away.
The nearest train station is at Ste Foy la Grande, which is 20 mins away by car.
The nearest channel port is St Malo, which is served by the car ferry from Portsmouth; the car journey from the port is 5.5 hours down motorway standard roads; also there is good access by road from the port at Caen.