Vacation Rental Description
“QUINTA GALEON” is located about 60 km. (40 miles) southeast of San José downtown (Costa Rica's capital city), and the International Airport. It is just over an hour drive over the mountains on well paved roads that take you through stunning landscapes, variety of micro-climates, and breathtaking mountain views.
This serene mountain-side Quinta is located at an elevation of 6,600 feet, in the heart of the scenic Route of the Saints area (Ruta de Los Santos). It is surrounded by pine forest and coffee farms where the best world’s famous coffee is grown.
It could certainly serve as your home base while you explore and visit the immediate areas and surrounding towns as you experience a real “Costa Rica Adventure.”
Quinta GALEON is a three-story charming and spacious home with 5,500+ sq ft of combined living space on a 1+ acre property. The home consists of 4 bedrooms, 4 ½ baths, a game room, a cozy fireplace, balconies and wrap-around porches. The home is not only tastefully designed and decorated, but also fully furnished with a mixed of modern and antique furniture and relics. Many of these pieces are over hundred years old.
The house is designed for 8 to 10 people, but will comfortably accommodate up to 14. This Quinta is a “Vacation Rental By Owner.”
The large panoramic and mountain-view balconies throughout the house offer a majestic and peaceful setting for sitting back and relaxing as you admire the amazing sunrises and sunsets, or for your fine dining experience. Furthermore, you will experience the sounds of the country-side and of the many tropical birds just outside your window.
This retreat is the perfect getaway if you are looking for a place that offers an unforgettable time of relaxing, comfort, privacy, hospitality, safety, clean air, beauty, fun and adventure.
Los Santos Area has an average temperature of 72F (22C) and is delightful year round. During the "dry" season, -from December through April-, you can expect beautiful sunny days, cool mornings and evenings.
During the rest of the year, the mornings are usually sunny but it may rain in the afternoon. While Costa Rica is a tropical wonderland all year, many nature lovers find the lush "green" season especially beautiful. Thanks to our mountain-side 6600 feet elevation, guests enjoy year-round comfortable mountain breezes
STANDARD RACK RATES / NOTES:
(1) Daily Rates are $240-$500/Day
-- 3-Day Minimum Stay Rates are $720-$1,500/Stay
-- Weekly Rates are $1,440-$3,000/wk
(2) Rates based on 4 and/or 8 guest occupancy.
ADDITIONAL GUESTS over 4 will be charged $50 each/night.
GUESTS over 8 will be charged $30 each/night.
(3) Easter, Christmas, and New Years, $ 3,300 per week, with 7-night / 8-guest minimum stay.
(4) Monthly stays rates are based on up to 8 guests; please inquire with needs for exact rate quote.
(5) Check-out: 10:00 am. Check-in: 2:00 pm. Maid service at end of stay. Cleaning Fee: $ 125
(6) Optional on-demand Housekeeping service available
(7) Calls for off-season, special events, walk-ins and /or last minute rates are welcomed.
• Minimum rental - 3 days / 1 week.
• 50% Deposit required to secure reservation. 50% Balance due 60 days prior to rental
• $1,000 (USD) refundable security deposit on arrival for damages/incidentals taken at check-in
• PayPal, Credit Cards and Bank Wire Transfers accepted.
• Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Please refer to Pricing & Charges secction.
- Cable Satellite
- Cooking Utensils
- Linen Service
- Amenity Parking
Alarm Clock, Local Maps, Mosquito Magnet, Activities Guide, Towels Provided, Bottled Water, Laundry Soap, Soaps Basic, Toilet Paper, Filtered Water, Firewood, Paper Towels, Security System, Hair Dryer, Hair Dryer, Fireplace, Sofa Bed
Toaster, Hob, Freezer, Oven, Blender, Stove Top Burners, Grill, Coffee Maker, Iron & Board, Spices
Telephone, Games, Video Games Console, Books, CD, Game Room, Toys, Video Library, Ping Pong Table, Radio, Wireless Broadband, Internet Access, Cellphone, Computer PC
Outside: Bike, Patio Stone/Concrete, Car, Terrace, Balcony, Barbecue, Outdoor Grill, Child's Swing, Outdoor Grill Gas, Garden, Gated Community, Garden Chairs(14), Bicycles(2)
Onsite Equipment: Cooler, Telescope, Thermos Bottle, Binoculars
Low allergen environment
Suitable for elderly or infirm
Long term renters welcome
- Horse Riding
- Mountain Biking
Other Activities: Bird watching, Coffee Tours to Coffee Plantations, Processing Plants, and Cooperatives, Los Santos Route / Neighboring Town Visits / Casual Driving / Sightseeing
Nearby Attractions: Pond, Churches, Forests, Groceries, Laundromat, ATM/bank, Eco Tourism, Rain Forests, Scenic Drives, Volcanos
ACTIVITIES WITHIN 2 hour-drive:
Irazú Volcano, City of Cartago, Orosí Valley Tour within 50-70 Km
Quepos / Manuel Antonio National Park & Beach within 60 Km over the mountain roads
Dominical Beach 128 Km on Interamerican Highway South Bound
Quepos & Dominical are 45 Km apart connected by Costanera Sur highway (less than 1 hour drive)
San José, the Capital, within 60 Km *1 hour drive
Whitewater rafting tours within 70 Km
Quetzal sanctuary within 1 hour drive
Other exciting, relaxing, tourist attractions can be reached within a 2-hour drive.
If needed, we’ll be glad to help you with setting up your tours and itineraries.
- Nearest Airport : Juan Santamaría at 50 miles distance;
- Nearest Train Station : San Jose at 40 miles distance
- Travel Info: “QUINTA GALEON” is located about 60 km. (40 miles) southeast of San José downtown (Costa Rica's capital city), and the International Airport. It is just over an hour drive over the mountains on well paved roads that take you through stunning landscapes, variety of micro-climates, and breathtaking mountain views. This serene mountain-side Quinta is located at an elevation of 6,600 feet, in the heart of the scenic Route of the Saints area (Ruta de Los Santos). It is surrounded by pine forest and coffee farms where the best world’s famous coffee is grown. It could certainly serve as your home base while you explore and visit the immediate areas and surrounding towns as you experience a real “Costa Rica Adventure.”